Annick Renaud-Coulon's Biography
Worldwide Expert on Corporate Universities
Founder and Chairman of GlobalCCU, the Global Council of Corporate Universities
President of SAS Univencis
- The Annick’ s never ending story with Corporate Universities started in 2000-2001, when she conducted an extensive survey on Corporate Universities, entitled: "Corporate Universities, Corporate institutes, inter-national comparison and evaluation». A first for the industry, Annick's work culminated in an depth-study that presented the phenomenon of corporate universities from around the world: a 800 pages book in 3 volumes, on which she worked for a year and a half full time, travelling around the world to visit numerous corporate universities in United-States, Canada, India, South Korea, China, Europe, etc.
- In 2002, she launched The European Club of Corporate Universities, bringing together Corporate University professionals in a convivial and efficient network. More than 70 multinational companies participated in this community of practices which was transformed in a GlobalCCU Chapter in 2013.
- In May 2002, based on her research, she developed a concept of Corporate Universities of new generation that she presented in her book entitled: "Universités d'entreprise, Vers une mondialisation de l'intelligence". Pearson Education, Village Mondial Editions.
- In 2005, with a handful of Corporate University Directors coming from Brazil, USA, Spain and France, she launched GlobalCCU, the Global Council of Corporate Universities, with the aim to:
- Connect Directors of Corporate Universities through a global network to learn from one another
- Provide opportunities for saving time and money for Members in piloting, leading, revitalising or creating their Corporate University
- Contribute to a corpus of knowledge on Corporate Universities for immediate use by Members
- Foster the respect of diversity in existing Corporate University worldwide models in order to highlight different learning ways, aid Corporate Universities to adapt to and within different cultures
- Position the Corporate University phenomenon in the life-long educational chain and develop new avenues towards cooperative learning and social responsibility.
- In 2008, she organized the GlobalCCU Forum, the first truly global event on Corporate Universities in France at Campus Veolia Environnement, and at the Sorbonne University in Paris gathering around the theme: Make your Corporate University a lever of your Corporate Responsibility.
The seminar was supported by the United Nations Global Compact in New York. For this event she written her latest book entitled: "Corporate Universities, a lever of Corporate Responsibility", Global CCU Publisher, 2008, in which she presents her business case on corporate social responsibility through Corporate learning.
- In 2010, she launched the GlobalCCU Platform, the social network allowing executives of corporate universities to collaborate effectively at a distance with their peers worldwide; - to help one another, to create knowledge together, to exchange best practices. Her ambition is also to advance the profession towards more strategic responsibilities and visibility. CLOs, Directors of Corporate Universities, Learning and Development managers of very prestigious companies and Institutions - from over 50 countries, 5 continents - have already joined the GlobalCCU Platform as Affiliate Members. This makes this community absolutely unique in the world and GlobalCCU, a major actor in the Corporate University Industry worldwide.
- In 2012, she launched the GlobalCCU Awards recognizing the very best Corporate Universities / Academies / Campuses / Learning & Development structures at the global scale that create strategic value for Business, People and society. Defense Acquisition University (DAU) won the Best Overall Corporate University Gold Awards 2013, and UniBB, Banco do Brasil in 2015.
- In 2013, she launched the CU Certification, the highest global recognition of the existence, the reliability, and the level of maturity, of performance and excellence of a Corporate University delivered at the end of a deep and gradual assessment process by renowned experts. The last Corporate Universities rewarded in 2016 are the Watson Corporate Academy (Bosasa Group of Companies in South Africa) and Sberbank Corporate University (in Russia).
- In 2014, she launched the GlobalCCU e-Campus, the knowledge Centre entirely dedicated to Corporate University Professionals, giving the GlobalCCU Premium Members a wealth of rich content that they cannot find anywhere else such as in depth presentations from Corporate Universities around the world.
- Annick Renaud-Coulon is regularly invited as a keynote speaker in conferences at international events on Corporate Universities and learning, among them: Berlin in 2017, Amsterdam in 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 at the Corporate University and Academy Fleming Summit; Istanbul in June 2014 at Bilgi Üniversitesi in; Conitec in Rio de Janeiro in 2013; CLO Summit India in Mumbai in 2010; European Club for Human Resources seminar in June 2008 in Malta; WACUC meeting in Washington DC in 2005; Symposium of the Presidents of the University of Québec in Montréal in 2005; at the Conference organised by the Algerian Government in November 2005 in Oran; Global Corporate University Week in 2003 at Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida in 2004.
- She participated in the creation of CUBIC Awards (Corporate University Best In Class) in United-States, to honor, recognise and promote corporate universities that presented best practices in the world and was part of the board of juries (the only non-American member) from 2002 to 2004.
- She participated in the writing of two American collective books under the direction of Mark Allen: "The Next Generation of Corporate Universities" (Pfeiffer - 2007) and the "Handbook of Corporate Universities", Amacom Press, May 2002. She also participated in an article edited by McGee, Philip (2006) in The Journal of Human Resource and Adult Learning. Corporate Universities: Competitors or Collaborators?
- She privately counsels organisations ascribed with the design and construction of their corporate university or with to re-dynamization of their corporate university.
- She began her professional life in the industrial sector as a training manager. She was visitor professor at Senghor University of Alexandria in Egypt, from 1993 to 1996.
- Annick Renaud-Coulon received the National Order of Merit at the rank of Knight, on 18 September, 2008. She received her decoration from the Advisor to the French President, at a private ceremony held at The Senate in Paris. The honour is given in recognition of Annick's passionate work within the field of Corporate Education
GlobalCCU, the Global Council of Corporate Universities, is…
… the aggregator of Corporate Universities on a global scale! The unique global organisation highlighting and gathering Corporate University professionals worldwide, and shaping the Corporate University profession through GlobalCCU CU Certification and the GlobalCCU Forum and Awards.
Our focus is to provide:
Join your peers from more than 50 countries today in our complementary global community, the GlobalCCU Platform.
Click here to REGISTER for FREE!
- HR Partner, Russia, September 2020
- 10 August 2018
E-learn.magazine (USA) published an in depth interview with Annick Renaud-Coulon. She shares her views on how Corporate Universities can successfully fulfill their role in the digital age. There’s a huge future ahead for corporate education. More >
- In the June/July issue of Elearning! magazine, Annick Renaud-Coulon cites her expert opinion on the challenges affecting globalized Corporate Universities and on the impact of nationalist trends that cannot undermine them. More >
Great article in CLO Magazine about the Future of Corporate Universities in the Digital Disruption Age, by Annick Renaud-Coulon. More >
We happy to hear from you. If you have any questions, comments, ideas, etc, feel free to email us at email@example.com
- 12 May 2020: Benchmarking webinar on Corporate Universities and social distancing, Challenges, Strategies and Takeaways! with Juliano Marcilio, HR Director of Bradesco, Brasil and Annick Renaud-Coulon
- 21 April 2020: Corporate University brand assessment and development webinar presented by Annick Renaud-Coulon
« Thanks for hosting a wonderful session on branding. This session gave us a chance to see how other corporate universities have approached it. It was very interesting to see branding examples around the world. »
« Great session! We got good insights for Corporate University branding aspects. »
« A benchmarking for branding, learning from what others are doing and elements of branding well explained. »
« We were heavily internally focused. This webinar opened up our minds. Thank u. »
« I've got useful tips and insight as well. »
« Lot of insights to brand our corporate university. Thanks a lot. »
- DAU, Defense Acquisition University, the best overall Corporate University Gold Winner 2013, organized a ceremony in front of the entire university for presenting the GlobalCCU Award.The trophy has been displayed in the Pentagon to all the senior leadership.
- 2013 GlobalCCU Awards ceremony held at the Microsoft HQ in Paris, highlighted winners from outstanding Corporate Universities from five continents.
GlobalCCU Forum at Campus Veolia and
at the Sorbonne MORE >
Hugo Pena Brandão, Executive Manager of Banco do Brasil Corporate University (UniBB) welcomed Annick Renaud-Coulon in Brasilia on 17 and 18 March 2016 for filming video lessons for the UniBB Portal.